Friday, November 17, 2006

17-11-06

This week's bout getting to know God more!!! ;)

Here's this week's PRAISE REPORT!

Shu min speaks….
I was contemplating whether or not to send in a praise report,but when joanna msn-ed me this morning asking if i had any, I knew it was a confirmation, so here I am!

I'm currently working full-time and studying part-time, so I don't have much time to study. But when I started this course for my degree, I constantly remembered God's love for me and since I’m His beloved, He sure want me to do well one what, right? I seldom worried (but I did get mad at crap proj mates teehee) and i almost always had that calm assurance in my heart that God will see me thru, regardless of whether I’ve been an obedient daughter to Him.

I've been studying for about 1.5 years now. I have a good sister-in-Christ in my course, and before every exam, we have a ritual of sorts. While other classmates are doing last minute cramming, we pray and thank God for seeing us through. And then we take a picture :) haha.

Out of 5 of the 6 modules taken so far, I’ve been scoring distinctions and many will know Shumin isn't a distinction kinda girl except with Jesus. For my last module, News Studies, I didn't really attend class regularly (which is bad, very bad!!) and the lecturer was smart. He gave exam tips thru-out those classes, and when I attended the last lecture (everyone knows exam tips are given out during last lecture that's why attendance is almost always full), he said with a smirk "For those of you who've been attending, you know the topics that are going to appear in the exam. Good luck!" :\ so I studied blindly for the exam, just hoping for at least a pass. But I told God, You've always seen me through. Continue to see me through in my academics so that my results will bring glory to who You are. and tadah
a Distinction in News Studies which is impossible by my efforts, but an act of love from my Jesus.

i think the point is knowing that you are so loved and adored by the King. What blessings would He withold? None. We just need to accept His love.


and this week's PRAYER POINTERS

1. Seek the Lord your God earnestly

~~Now devote your heart and soul to SEEKing the LORD your God. Begin to build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the sacred articles belonging to God into the temple that will be built for the Name of the LORD."
1 Chronicles 22:19
~~You will SEEK ME and find me when you SEEK ME with all your heart.I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.
Jeremiah 29:13-14
~~Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who SEEK you.
Psalm 9:10
2. Faith Increment

~~“ ’If u can?’?” said Jesus. “Everything is POSSIBLE for him who BELIEVES
Mark 9:23

~~“with man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
Mark 10:27

3. KL Mission Trip

- Nxt weekend, led by Justin

4. YPM Camp – 13-16 Dec 2006



QUOTE of the WEEK: Prayer is our BECOMING 1 with God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Refinancing
Refinancing Counter