Friday, November 18, 2005

Hi guys! we have a new component to this blog! TESTIMONIES! Yes, prayer works, for real.. let your fellow YPMers share with you :)

Here's our very first contributor, Moses Foo! WHOOPEE!


Wallet. The one accessory that unites all brothers great and small. Guys will never be so metrosexual as to not have a wallet. Sometimes when I look at my wallet, I ponder. My identity, memories, wealth and various cards that serves as passes to various places all contained into one neat little leather package. What will happen to me if I lose it?
That day came!

After a satisfying game of DOTA with my seconday school mates. (OWNAGE! MEGA KILL! DOUBLE KILL, TRIPLE KILL constanly blaring from my speakers) I proceeded home.
I took bus 291. My stop came and I got down. The bus left. I then felt my pockets to make sure I have everything with me.
Felt right pocket, handphone there. Checked!
Felt left pcoket, keys there. Checked!
Felt right back pocket. Nothing there. Felt left back pocket nothing there either. I have lost my wallet.

Straight away I thought I must have left it at the LAN shop. I begin to assess my losses. I will need to replace my ATM card, my IC, my SAFRA member card and my EZlink card. All need time and money to replace. The feeling is sian man!

Then suddenly I thought of that auntie who said she found her things after praying. I decided to give prayer a try. Nothing to lose anyway.

"Father Lord, I have lost my wallet. And I am now asking that you help me get back my wallet. I commit my wallet and its recovery into your hands. I shall refuse to worry because you are already taking care of the matter. I rest in your goodness. I pray this so that my joy may overflow. In Jesus name. Amen"

In my mind I was thinking, "Okie, my part is done. Lord show me you in action."
The funny thing is that after I had that thought, I suddenly realise that I could not have left my wallet in the LAN shop. I last saw my wallet when I used the EZlink to board the bus. The wallet must have been still in the bus.

Bus 291 is a feeder bus. Feeder buses have generally short journeys that loops back. I proceeded to cross the road to catch the same bus. Waited 15 anxious minutes before I saw the bus. Flagged it down and explained to the Bus Captain what happened. I strided to seat I sat before and LO and BEHOLD ........ there is my wallet. No one molested it! No need to replace replace my ATM card, my IC, my SAFRA member card and my EZlink card. Time and money saved.

I went home feeling high. I have found my wallet and at the same time I have found that God listens to prayers.

What a wonderful God we serve! sometimes we think that, nah, we shouldn't bother God with small stuff..and why would He even care about the little things that happen to me anyway? well, that's when you gotta know the heart of your Father and what His character is like. He CARES about EVERY LITTLE thing that happens to you.

Think about the person on this earth who loves you the most. It could be your dad,mom, sister, friend, anyone. For me, my dad, i know he loves me like crazy and he would do just about anything for me. I know that if i lost my wallet, or if i missed a bus, if he could he would make sure that i found my wallet or that the next bus came earlier so that i wouldnt be late! He would do everything in his power to make things go well for me. HOW MUCH MORE MY HEAVENLY FATHER? :)

I urge you, dear people. Get to know your heavenly Father's heart even more intimately, so you know just how much He loves you and how much He has already done for you and will continue to do for you. Don't be afraid to pray and ask Him for help. while you're at it, keep the camp in prayer too, ok?

1 Comments:

At 11:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats right Debo the wallet prayer always works. The comments below only applies to born again believers. Anybody who wants the goodness listed below need to know about Jesus and what he has done. Approach the author of this blog if you need more information. (Time to work Ms Poon and Mr Low) =)

Prayers are not answered base on pray hard or pray soft as we understand it.

What do we expect God to respect when we pray hard? What is the limit of really wanting it so much that we pray 'hard' enough? And when we pray hard are we expected to suffer in some way before God will be moved to answer our prayers?

There is this thing we think when prayers seems to go unanswered. We did not do enough. We did not pray hard enough.

And can someone tell me what is a soft prayer?

Is there some prayer qouta we must meet before God will answer?

God does not respect our 'own efforts' prayer.

The God I know is eager to give. It says in the Bible,

"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10.Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Now we know tht God's heart in answering our requests. The benchmark is our own fathers. Our own earthly father is so good to give good things, God is definitely not below that.

And It has nothing to do with persistence.

Now what about the parable about the man who asks his neighbour for bread for his friend who came to visit him.

Read what I got from http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:WZSlOmpXt_kJ:www.brm.org/parables.pdf

Search for the parable 'The Midnight Visitor: Living'

I found this from Google.

So if it is not about praying hard or soft then what is it about? It is knowing our God as father and his heart in wanting to give. The only effort on our part is to believe after we prayed.

Boldly pray about anything and everything. If he bothers counting the hair on your head, you can know that nothing is too trivia for him. Don't worry if you pray wrong. There are some people who pray for harmful things like snakes. God will tell you or give you an alternative that is good. He will not leave you hanging.

E.g. Mary wants to be rich and famous. She says,"God I want to have money and be popular." Now money and popularity will harm her life because God knows she will spend the money on wild living, and that with that popularity she will ailenate people. God also knows that what she really wants is to be happy. She thinks being rich and famous will bring her this. However one thing about Mary is that she trusts in the goodness of God. God wants the best for Mary. (And you too!) So God will show Mary the path to being happy. Ten years later, a happy Mary who experienced an abundant and satisfying life will thank God for not granting her prayer. But yet do you see that God answered her prayer!

The key to knowing the goodness of God is Jesus. We can call God our father because of Jesus. A father will give a favourite son anything he asks for. We are that favourite son.

We know that we died with Christ, but we must also know that we rose with him. Died means our sinful nature is gone. Rose means the standing and position we have is the same as Christ. Now God does not see you as you are. If he does we can forget about asking cause we definitely do not qualify as sons. But when he sees us he sees Jesus. And when he sees Jesus he is well pleased.

So when you ask, remember you are asking with the cloak of Jesus over you, God sees the blood (Jesus) sprinkled on the Ark and not the rebellious staff, nor the 10 commandments we cannot keep, nor the manna we complained about which is covered in the Ark.

It is too good to be true! Thats why a heart of gratitude and wonderment is in order. The more we see Jesus the more our faith grows and the more we realise we cannot pray by our own strength. As Smith Wiggleworth said,"All things are possible, only believe." Our only job is to believe.

Our war is not one of offense, it is defense. Jesus has already won the war. Our part is to stand firm in the victory.

It is not the 'me', it is Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Refinancing
Refinancing Counter