Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hi guys,
Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice... Ever had times you woke up early in the morning and just could not return to your peaceful slumber?
Often it's just a little while (say half an hour before ur actual waking time).
Psalm 5:3In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Could it be the Lord motivating u to pray. =).. I've found that more often than not it is.How often i've pushed the snooze button on the Lord. And found that during the day i was so powerless, weak, ineffecient in the admin tasks that i have to do in camp.

A while back i decided to break through the weakness of the flesh and set my heart and mind on God.. It was a feeble first attempt, I was semi dozing as i came to the Lord with thanksgiving, supplication, adoration, confession.. HahA.. But he graciously accepted my prayers.

And u noe wad. That day was the most peaceful i had felt in the longest of time. My heart was set on things above. And yet i was focused on the tasks i needed to do. I did them heartily, quickly and efficiently. All this in spite of a very trying period of time in my life.God is so good and gracious. Let me bring these few points to u of the importance of prayer courtesy of Pastor Kong Hee (City Harvest Church). Here they are:

1)Prayer Opens the Heavens Over Me
2)Prayer Brings Down the Presence of The Holy Spirit to Me
3)Prayer Makes Me More Like God
4)Prayer Breaks the Stubborness of My Rebellious Flesh
5)Prayer Releases the Power of God into My LIfe

God is good. The question we should ask ourselves is not whether God can be found, but rather
how willing we are to seek Him.
God bless you guys. May we daily humble ourselves and discipline our feelings to seek the Lord.
Praise the God of grace and mercy, and abundance.

In His Love and Mine
Calvin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Refinancing
Refinancing Counter